
Welcome to my very own column, FROCK AND ROLL, which hits the internets every Wednesday. Each week I'll discuss something related to the intersection between music and fashion.
This week: the Sri Lankan songstress M.I.A. I figured she would be a good choice since, thanks to the movie Pineapple Express, the rest of the country just discovered "Paper Planes." What do you know, she just came out with her own clothing line! It seems to me like M.I.A. herself is the only one who would (read: should) wear the "mexico body," a $100 onsie emblazoned with a frenetic print.
Here's my take on how to translate M.I.A.'s 80s neon mishmash style (her Myspace might be dangerous for epileptics) into something fun for the rest of us. Wear with confidence.
silk romper, chloe, on sale (haha) for $866.25, and magenta skirt, 3.1 phillip lim, $311.25, at netaporter.com. converse high tops, $49.99, journeys.com. headphones, and belts, $10 each, fredflare.com. dries van noten bangle necklace, roughly $830, and balenciaga t-shirt dress, brownsfashion.com. collage created on polyvore.com.

No comments:
Post a Comment