
So basically I scanned each year-end Hot 100 in the 90s for good party songs. Any ballads I chose must be sung at full volume while jamming out as hard as possible. I also added songs that were missing from the year-end lists that I couldn't do without.
I won't go into what the 90s were or meant...we were all there. So I'll just quote Mad Men's well-spoken but hardly monogamous Don Draper as he pitches for the new "high-tech" wheel on the Kodak slide projector:
Nostalgia - it's delicate, but potent. Teddy told me that in Greek, "nostalgia" literally means "the pain from an old wound." It's a twinge in your heart far more powerful than memory alone. This device isn't a spaceship. It's a time machine. It goes backwards, and forwards... it takes us to a place where we ache to go again. It's not called the wheel. It's called the carousel. It lets us travel the way a child travels - around and around, and back home again, to a place where we know are loved.
The Playlist
No comments:
Post a Comment